The everyday blog of Richard Bartle.

RSS feeds: v0.91; v1.0 (RDF); v2.0; Atom.

Previous entry. Next entry.

1:03pm on Saturday, 7th January, 2012:



Here's the answer to yesterday's poser: it's a device to stop the carriage of a portable typewriter from rattling when you store it. The hole is for the handle on the roller and the slot in the side is for the carriage return bar.

Typewriters are one of the few machines my mother can handle safely, because she was trained as a shorthand typist at school ("Technical College" as was). I gave her my old portable when I got my first computer with a decent keyboard (an Apricot F10) and she's been using it ever since. That doesn't mean that this piece of packaging ever registered with her as being related to the typewriter, though...

Latest entries.

Archived entries.

About this blog.

Copyright © 2012 Richard Bartle (richard@mud.co.uk).