The everyday blog of Richard Bartle.
RSS feeds: v0.91; v1.0 (RDF); v2.0; Atom.
Previous entry. Next entry.
11:55am on Monday, 16th January, 2023:
My brother-in-law and his wife got me this for my birthday:
It's a 300-piece jigsaw puzzle with completely transparent pieces.
What made it hard:
- No picture.
- The backs and fronts of the pieces are indistinguishable, so each has 8 possible orientations.
- The number of pieces along each edge of the puzzle wasn't given.
What made it easy:
- Every piece with the same configuration of lugs and holes was identical to each other.
- There were three extra pieces, allowing for some flexibility.
- It was a 300-piece puzzle, rather than a 1,000-piece or similar.
In the end, my wife took it over because I was doing it "wrong" so I didn't have much trouble completing it.
Now to get a photograph printed the same size, so I can make it look as if it's a jigsaw puzzle.
About this blog.
Copyright © 2023 Richard Bartle (firstname.lastname@example.org).