The everyday blog of Richard Bartle.
RSS feeds: v0.91; v1.0 (RDF); v2.0; Atom.
Previous entry. Next entry.
11:46am on Monday, 28th August, 2017:
Yesterday's Sunday Times magazine was "the tech issue": a 68-page special edition.
Ads aside, here are what the articles in said issue are about:
- A columnist saying country-dwellers need better broadband (1 page).
- A columnist saying emojis are great (1 page).
- An interview with Whitney Wolfe, founder of a dating app company (3 pages).
- An article about how AI may take all our jobs (5 pages).
- An article about sexist the tech industry is (2 pages).
- An article about using genetically-modified mosquitoes to reduce mosquito numbers ( 4 pages).
- A picture-led article about growing crops under water (4 pages).
- An interview with Marc Andreesen, technology investor (4 pages).
- An article about how Internet porn shaped a generation (3 pages).
- An article about flying cars (3 pages).
- An article about esports (3 pages).
- A puff piece about tech you can buy (2 pages).
- An interview Bill and Josh Browder, the former a human-rights activist and the latter an internet entrepreneur (2 pages).
- An article about people who don't use technology (2 pages).
- Recipes (6 pages).
- An interview with Bethany Mota, beauty and lifestyle vlogger (1 page).
If AI does take all our jobs, I hope "non-tech person writing about tech" is one of them.
About this blog.
Copyright © 2017 Richard Bartle (firstname.lastname@example.org).